Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/livingsimpl

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ice Box Bran Muffins ~YUMMY~




So I don't really get around to making breakfast every day, it's usually just "here's your bowl of cereal" and there you go...

However my family loves it when I am able to make home made muffins, and now I can make the batter ahead of time and they keep for 3 weeks!!

(This is also a great freezer recipe if you are not planning to use them within three weeks.)

MMMmmmm and they are so very very yummy! It's making me crave them just to type this recipe! I may have to go whip up a batch after I'm done!

Bran Muffins

1 Cup 100% bran cereal (I use Total, and they look like little peices of wood.)

2 Cups 40% bran flakes

1 Cup Boiling Water

1/2 Cup Shortening

1 & 1/4 Cup Sugar

2 Eggs

2 Cups Buttermilk

2 & 1/2 Cups Flour

2 & 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda

1/2 teaspoon Salt

Mix Bran, Shortening, and Boiling water well. It usually looks a little grainy, but the flakes are mostly dissolved.

Beat sugar and eggs, stir into bran mix.

Add Buttermilk, Flour, Baking Soda, and Salt. Mix well.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake 15-20 minutes.

Store unused batter in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.

(makes 4 dozen)

So do you have any muffin recipes that you feel you must share with the world? If they are just too yummy to keep all to yourself why not post them here in the comment section! I love trying new muffins!

Also if you decide to try this recipe please come back and let us know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good ... and healthy! I'll bet that one could make it vegan with a few adjustments (I'm vegan). I may just test it out ... and I'll let you know if I do. Thanks for sharing it!

    Small Footprints
    http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be interesting! Let me know the tweeks you made to the recipe. I'm excited to know how it turns out!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What's Hot on Living Simplistically