Find Us On Facebook!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Rice & Soup...from a Reader to You

A reader e-mailed me this tip yesterday, yet, bless his heart he wanted to remain anonymous...

So I would like to pass it on to you:

This is something he does to stretch a meal.

Take a can of your favorite soup,
a 1/4 cup rice, heat it up,
cover, and let the rice absorb the soup
for around 10 minutes.

You can buy 50 lb bags of rice for around $10!

MMMMmmm!!
Doesn't that sound yummy!
You get a more filling yummy treat!

Thank you to our anonymous tipper!!



If you have any tips you would
like to share please feel free to
leave them in the comment section
or use the form at the bottom of
this page! Those go directly to my
inbox!!

2 comments:

  1. I just tried this today with my 7 year old daughter who demands soup for lunch every day. It was excellent and she really enjoyed it.
    A tasty, cheap way to get my daughter to take on more calories without realizing... TOP MARKS!
    Thank you
    Ness
    http://naughty-nessie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that it worked for you, I hope the anonymous tipper reads your comment!! I may have to e-mail him!!

    Thank you Ness, for leaving feedback!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What's Hot on Living Simplistically