Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/livingsimpl

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Showering Money

Weird title, eh! I'm sorry, I know it's a little cheesy...but I have been trying to think of ways to help you (readers) save money....

One of the ways that I have found to keep my water bill down is showering instead of taking baths...but I can't always give up baths! They are so relaxing, calming, and quiet....so I by minimizing my shower time I can make up for using so much water when I take a bath...

I keep my shower time down to 5 minutes...that gives me enough time to wash everything that needs to be washed, and save 10 minutes of running water! :) I can then justify taking a bath once a week because I am still using less water than if I took 15 minute showers a day!
Believe me it does make a difference.

Another way you can save money on your water bill is if you have a toilet with a large tank fill a gallon or 1/2 gallon milk jug with water and set it in your tank. It reduces the amount of water your toilet uses to flush, you won't even notice the difference until your water bill arrives, and then your face will light up!

You can also reduce the amount of water you use to wash dishes, I fill my sink a quarter of the way up so that my water is very soapy, then I stick one dish in at a time. I find that it cleans even better than full sink because you have more soap in your water! Plus you are saving gallons off your water bill.

If you have a flower garden...I know it's a little late in the season, but I have confidence that you'll remember this one...you can sit a bucket outside and when it rains it will fill up with water. You can then turn around and use the water for your flowers. Then you really are getting water for free!

If you are looking to save water when you do your laundry I use cold water, unless it's something that needs to be washed in Hot my washer is always set to cold/cold. I also wait until I have a large load to throw it in that way I can save on my water bill because I am doing one large load instead of 2 medium loads. It also saves on your electric bill!

If you have any water saving tips please share in the comment section of this post. :)

1 comment:

  1. I decided to visit your blog page after reading your simple comment regarding blog promotion. I've been using some of my own money-saving techniques and living simply but good for years. The 'title' of your blog page got my attention. I like your blog. It's very informative and quite helpful. I'll be sure to visit again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What's Hot on Living Simplistically