Find Us On Facebook!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

There Just Aren't Enough Coffee Filters....



I ran out of coffee filters....again....which totally sucks, but it gave me the opportunity to learn something new.

You see, I'm the kind of person that is useless without her morning coffee, just the smell of it wakes me up. I LOVE it! And so running out of coffee filters in my house, well, it's just not ideal.

I could run to the store and pick up more, but who wants to leave as soon as they wake up? So my husband introduced me to a little trick he learned from his parents :)

PAPERTOWELS

Paper towels isn't something we normally keep in our home, trying to reduce waste as much as possible, but we have some now. He showed me that a paper towel, when inserted correctly, can serve just as well as a coffee filter.

I was a little hesitant because my husband just bought me a new coffee maker for Valentine's Day and didn't want it to be ruined, but he reassured me it would do no damage.

....and guess what, it worked! I was able to have my morning coffee, without having to run to the store first :)

Oh and by the way...if you like this blog remember to follow it :)

2 comments:

  1. Alaina- You can also use paper napkins. Just beware of colored paper towels and those with patterns. I'm not sure how safe it is to drink boiled ink!

    You have a beautiful blog design...thanks for the comment on my blog dineroquest.blogspot.com

    If you like Facebook apps, I have another at socnetgames.blogspot.com

    Let's guestblog for each other sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! That sounds good:) And thanks so much about the design of my blog!

    I think your right about boiled ink, that would be nasty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What's Hot on Living Simplistically