Find Us On Facebook!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Selling Vintage Books ... Venture 1

As I mentioned before, I am attempting to sell antique books, and prove this a way to earn some extra money from home. I know that it is possible, but I would like to prove that anyone can do it. Even those with no formal knowledge of antique worth. 

I purchased 19 books and some antique alphabet flash cards still in the package, spending  $1.20 for all of it.
Girls' Stories from Dickens
Retold by Elizabeth Lodor Merchant
Illustrated by Clara M. Burd
Published by The John C. Winston Company
1929

Ladybug Hitch Hikes Home
by Katherine Evans
Published by Samuel Lowe Company
1962

What's your Favorite Smell My Dear?
By Myra Tomback Gibson
Published by Grosset & Dunlap
1964

Georgie
By Robert Bright
Published by Scholastic Book Services
1970

Lamplitin' Time In The Valley
Songs & Ballads
Published by Albert E. Brumley & Sons
1977

Squanto Friend of the Pilgrims
By Clyde Robert Bulla
Illustrated by Peter Burchard
Published by Scholastic Book Services
First Printing
1968

Dutch Painting
National Gallery of Art
Booklet Number 7
1960

Their Eyes Were Watching God
By Zora Neale Hurston
Published by Harper Perennial Modern Classics
2006

Picasso 
Mario De Micheli
80 Full Color Plates
Published by Grosset & Dunlap
1967

The Rain Man
By Helga Aichinger
Published by Franklin Watts
1970

...and many more :) 

  The first book I've listed on ebay is Girls' Stories from Dickens. I listed it as an auction starting at $0.99. I really have no idea how much this book is worth so really just playing trial and error. Ebay offers 100 free listings each month so I did not spend any money to list this book on ebay, unless it sells and then I will have to pay ebay a fee based on a percentage of the sale. 

  I will keep you posted on how it works out. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What's Hot on Living Simplistically