Find Us On Facebook!

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Total Money Makeover [How's it Going?]

  Well it has only been one day, so I can't say that I am an expert or anything yet. I can say that it felt great accomplishing a set goal!

  As of yesterday we have opened a separate savings account for Emergency Cash only, which by the way as a bonus will be earning us interest on the money we put in that account. Granted the interest isn't much, but even a little helps! Who turns down free money? Not this girl, that's for sure!

  We have also put our weekly budget for bills in one of our accounts and my husband's fun money in another account. Though it was extremely difficult for me, I also stuck to a food budget and even stayed $25 under what I set out to spend! That $25 went toward Easter basket stuff.

  All I can say is so far so good! It feels amazing to have a little cushion and it definitely allows me to stop stressing so much. It will feel even better when we have our entire emergency fund built, but for now we are taking baby steps which is better than no steps at all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What's Hot on Living Simplistically