Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/livingsimpl

Sunday, December 30, 2012

My Recent Addiction

Okay so I know that Pinterest is nothing new anymore...everyone knows what it is and has probably been addicted at one point or another...but I am kind of a newbie there and I can't get enough of both Pinterest and Craftgawker. I have cultivated a love of DIY projects! I have also cultivated a love for cooking, and not only cooking but coming up with my own spin on recipes. It's a hobby my husband is grateful for.
  We are nearing 2013 and though 2012 did not go so well for Living Simplistically I am hoping to freshen things up with a new spin for the new year. Look forward to reading about my DIY projects I take on as well as new recipes I create. However I am also now a full time student (YAY!!...which is why I haven't posted recently, college takes a lot of time) so I make no promises as to how often I will be posting. I hope you will hang in there though, there are great things to come!
   Some projects in the works are: a plank headboard for my queen size bed, laundry room renovation, organization (of the entire home), and some small crafts....as well as lots and lots of new recipes...but to hold you over check out this recipe for Oreo Truffles from Cooking Classy.
  I don't have any photos of these yummy treasures because they don't last long enough to take pictures of them in my house, but they look and taste divine!

Oreo Truffles

1 package regular Oreo's
8oz cream cheese
White Almond Bark

Directions: 
Remove 2 Oreo's from package and set aside. 

Crush remaining Oreos. Mix together cream cheese and crushed oreos until all oreos are wet with cream cheese. 

Roll into balls and put on cookie sheet. Place cookie sheet in freezer for 10 minutes, or for the time it takes to melt the white chocolate. 

While melting chocolate crush remaining two oreos for garnish. 

Remove oreo balls from freezer and dip in white chocolate. Garnish each ball after dipping because the chocolate will set fast. 

Enjoy. 

Please be sure to refrigerate these, they do have cream cheese in them and are not shelf stable. (If you have any left over.) 

  That is one of the best recipes ever! My husband tasted one and said "That is the best thing I've ever tasted in my life!" 

  Have a safe and happy New Year!
--Alaina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What's Hot on Living Simplistically