Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/livingsimpl

Thursday, July 2, 2015

IBotta! A New Way to Earn Living Simply!!

Lately I have been thinking that there has to be more ways for me to save money. Life is so expensive, and every single penny counts. I go to work, work my bum off, and then at the end of the week get my paycheck which is nearly spent in a matter of two hours buying groceries. This thought process led me to consider couponing, but I don't have time to sit and clip coupons for 2-3 hours so I went searching for a coupon app that I could install on my phone.

   My hope was that I would find an app that would allow me to collect all of my coupons in one place and then have the cashier at the store simply scan my phone. I did not find an app like this (and if you are talented and could create an app like this it would be a life saver!) However I did find Ibotta.

   Before downloading any app I always read the reviews. Sure the description of an app will be great because the creators want you to download their app, but does the app really work? That is why I see what others are saying first. The reviews were almost all good, and users were claiming to have actually received rebates for the every day items they purchased so I decided to give it a go.

   Grocery day was yesterday as well, and I was able to take the app for a spin. After buying my usual groceries I unloaded everything and then opened Ibotta to see what rebates they were offering. I happened to have needed milk and milk was one of the rebate items. It was a rebate for any brand bought at Walmart (or one of the MANY other stores listed on the app) so I scanned the barcode of the milk I purchased and snapped a picture of my receipt. That's it.... I received a $1.00 rebate for buying my milk which I would have purchased anyway, this $1.00 is just an added bonus and, in all reality brings the cost of my milk down to $2.48 instead of $3.48.

   Because I am a new member and I received my first rebate I also received a $1.50 bonus rebate simply for joining and getting a rebate...so my total so far (day 2) is $2.50 and it took me 2 minutes to complete the scanning process.

    What I like about Ibotta is that I can receive rebates on the items I would normally purchase anyway. I don't have to buy special items or special brands, they give rebates for any brands. Another bonus is that they even give rebates for fresh produce like tomatoes, onions, asparagus, cherries, bananas and other items. Therefore I am simply buying my weekly groceries and am able to use Ibotta to save or rather earn some of the money that I spent back. It's helping me keep more in my pocket!! Ibotta even gives rebates for buying beer and wine, I've never seen a rebate program do that!

   Because this is Living Simplistically and it is my goal to help you save and earn money I felt that Ibotta was worthy of being included on this blog. I do have to say I haven't "cashed out" yet, but I am confident that Ibotta is going to be my new favorite app for saving money.

So if you are hesitant and wondering if it's worth your time, IT IS!! Check it out! Save as much of your hard earned money that you can. You'll thank yourself later!

Join my Ibotta team and we can earn together: Ibotta

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This idea is mind blowing. I think everyone should know such information like you have described on this post. Thank you for sharing this explanation.Your final conclusion was good. We are sowing seeds and need to be patiently wait till it blossoms.

    App store optimization services in Chennai

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What's Hot on Living Simplistically